EU projects in Moldova
The National Indicative Program (NIP) for the years 2007-2010 in the total amount of 209.7 million Euro. Following the negotiations, assistance will be targeted on three basic priorities:
- Support for democratic development and good governance,
- Support for regulatory reform and strengthening the administrative capacity,
- Support for economic growth and poverty reduction.
Note: Under the National Indicative Program 2007-2010 are developed the National Action Plans 2007 (NIP - I), 2008 (NIP - II), 2009 (NIP - III) and 2010 (NIP - IV).
(NIP - I) National Action Plan 2007 - total: 40 million Euro
- 20.1 million Euro allocated for implementation of budget support program in the field of social assistance, including:
- (direct budget support)
- 007 - 5. 0 million Euro
- 008 - 7. 5 million Euro
- 009 - 7. 5 million Euro
- 11 million Euro - financing phase II of the project to increase surveillance and control of state borders, especially for the network of data transmission and transfer of accurate information along the border and endowment with special equipment for surveillance and control.
- 6 million Euro - twinning projects / technical assistance:
- Reform of criminal and detention system,
- Norms and standards in agriculture,
- Developing framework for the protection of competition,
- Development of public procurement system,
- Improving the implementation of intellectual protection rights.
- 2 million Euro - providing grants to civil society in the eastern region of Moldova.
(NIP - II) National Action Plan 2008 - total: 62.3 million Euro
- 46.6 million Euro will be allocated in the form of direct budget support to the sector - health care, including funds in the budget years:
- 2009 – 12 million Euro
- 2009 – 15 million Euro
- 2010 – 15 million Euro.
- 10 million Euro – implementation of the Mobility Partnership, additional funding for border control and surveillance and biometric passports.
- 5.7 million Euro - the "Twinning" tool/ technical assistance - in process of finalization.
(NIP - III) National Action Plan 2009 - The budget is 52 million Euro
- 45 million Euro will be allocated to support implementation of the budget program in the water and sanitation area, of which:
- 2 million Euro - technical assistance.
- 37 million Euro – direct budget allocation:
- 2009 - 10 million Euro
- 2010 - 15 million Euro
- 2011 - 15 million Euro
- 5 million Euro - indirectly centralized management.
- 7 million Euro - the "Twinning" tool/ technical assistance.
(NIP - IV) National Action Plan 2010 - negotiations will be launched in September 2009.
Through this tool will be given assistance as co-financing to loans granted from European financial institutions. The following projects were already approved for Moldova:
- 12 million Euro: project to rehabilitate roads,
- 3 million Euro: project to rehabilitate the Republican Clinical Hospital,
- 1.750 million Euro project to modernize the "International Airport Chisinau”
In the context of participation of Moldova in community programs of the European Union, Moldova has expressed interest to participate in the initial stage in:
- Framework Program 7 (FP7) for science and innovation, research and technological development - funding research activities in various fields such as health, energy, technology, transport, etc.
- The Consumer Protection Program - support to the implementation of the Strategy on Consumer Protection 2008-2012.
Currently, Moldova is eligible for two programs:
- The Moldova-Romania-Ukraine cross-border cooperation program 2007-2013, the European Commission contributes with 126 million Euro for all 3 countries.
- The Black Sea cross-border cooperation program 2007-2013, the European Commission contributes with the budget of 17 million Euro for 10 countries.
Launching calls for submission of project proposals is planned for semester II 2009.
The program for macro-financial support is implemented over 2 years and disbursements are made in three tranches to support the budget. The first tranche worth 20 million Euro was disbursed in 2007. The second and the third tranches worth 10 million Euro and respectively 15 million Euro were disbursed during 2008.